Issues are solved! Factors we could introduce a cleaning agent that is environmentally friendly and has no impact on the human body
Japanese stainless steel parts processing manufacturer (Thailand)
Cleaning Process Business
Introduced Solutions and Products
- Cleaning agent: J CLEAN D (hydrocarbon-based detergent with low odor, high quality, and low cost)
- Cleaner: Cleaner manufactured by Cleanvy
- Others: Changes in manufacturing and cleaning processes, including a change from vegetable-derived processing oil to mineral-derived processing oil
This is an application example of a Japanese stainless steel parts processing manufacturer with an overseas manufacturing base.
This factory was forced to use a cleaning agent suspected of being carcinogenic in the cleaning process for manufacturing parts. This long-standing issue was finally solved by adopting our solution.
How was the issue solved? The issue of health hazards to cleaning workers in the cleaning process. There was an attempt to take a new approach that was not bound by conventional practices.
Background and Issues Before the Introduction and Effects After the Introduction
Background and Issues
- The company had long been using a cleaning agent suspected of being carcinogenic in the cleaning process. There were concerns about the effects of the agent on the health of the cleaning workers, which delayed the improvement of the working environment
- In the case of a health hazard to cleaning workers at the site, it would affect the company's risk management
- However, priority was placed on the capability to clean the processed parts (whether they could be cleaned or not) and the situation did not allow to take proper measures for human health and environmental issues
- Enabled cleaning without the use of cleaning agents suspected of being carcinogenic
- No impact on the human body of cleaning workers (risk-free) and an environmentally friendly production site was achieved.
- The factory embodied the way to address SDGs activities
Path to Solving the Issue
Background and Issues
The factory has long used a special plant-derived processing oil in the dies and processing machines used in the pressing process to form stainless steel into cylindrical shapes.
The special machining oil cannot be cleaned with commonly available environmentally friendly cleaning agents that do not affect the human body. Therefore, the cleaning process inevitably prioritized cleaning capability and used cleaning agents suspected of being carcinogenic.
On the other hand, with the growing awareness of environmental issues and the impact on the human body of cleaning workers, it was inevitable to review the cleaning process using a cleaning agent suspected of being carcinogenic.
We proposed a review starting with the use of special plant-derived processing oil used in the product processing process, particularly, a change from plant-derived processing oil to mineral-derived (kerosene) processing oil.
After repeated tests, processing parts using mineral-derived (kerosene) processing oil was handled successfully. As a result, it became possible to change the cleaning agent used in the cleaning process from a cleaning agent suspected of being carcinogenic to J CLEAN D (hydrocarbon-based detergent with low odor, high quality, and low cost).
Thus, an environmentally friendly cleaning process with no impact on the human body was obtained.
Key Points for Issue Solving
Plant-derived oils in the conventional product processing process were used almost customarily. Approaches to change that custom have not been considered and the conventional focus has been on how to avoid the use of cleaning agents suspected of being carcinogenic. The customer was searching for alternatives to cleaning agents.
Therefore, we determined that the bottleneck in solving the issue was not the cleaning process but rather the previous processing process. In addition to examining the cleaning agent, we proposed to review the processing process (not just the cleaning process) by changing the plant-derived processing oil used during product processing.
Items below are our strengths in providing solutions to issues at overseas sites.
- Provision of cleaners and cleaning agents from local sources (local procurement, local arrangement)
- Localized staff (understanding, experience, and knowledge of cleaners, cleaning agents, and cleaning processes) with the capability to use a wide range of resources
- Local after-sales service
As a group of cleaning specialists who are familiar with the entire cleaning process rather than just selling products and equipment, the solutions provided with our experience and expertise led to solving the issue.
Key Points that Were Highly Valued
- No problem with cleaning and drying properties even after changing the cleaning agent (conventional cleaning quality was ensured)
- Very satisfied that the use of a cleaning agent suspected of being carcinogenic can be avoided
- It was good that the proposal to change the processing oil used in the machining process (which other companies did not provide) was offered before proposing an alternative cleaning agent.
Related solutions to this application example
Businesses handling this solution and product
Cleaning Process Business
We have acquired more than 30 years of achievement and experience. We solve various needs and troubles in the cleaning process for our customers.